7.17.2010

Reflection on a Warm Summer's Evening


The scratch of my pen disturbs the reverie of the night

The stars brilliant glow whispering the promise of magic and redemption

As I recline in the warm summers eve

The warm glow of scotch filters through my veins

The smooth scent of jasmine lingering on the air

A slight breeze, a rocking swing, and I dream

The full page of words melts before my eyes

The ink dripping off, running together, flowing into form and substance

A living poem floats off the page, beckons with a black hand, and we dance

Her inky hands slip over mine, her touch staining my skin

The ink blots slowly across my body

Every drip leaving a little less of her to hold…

But where I become ink, she becomes flesh

Faster now we whirl, bodies incorporeal pressing together

Merging, shifting, changing… balancing

The music of the stars stops and before me she stands

The pale beautiful goddess of my heart

I stretch out a hand to her, mottled with ink

Together, we turn and walk into the heavens

No comments: